Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fun new cookbook!

The Raven and I go to a LOT of bookstores. If this surprises you, it really shouldn't. Our current favourite is the locally-owned, friendly and wonderful St. Johns Booksellers. Co-owner Nena got me addicted to the Allie Beckstrom series of novels from Portland-based author Devon Monk. I'm sure I'll forgive her once I've read them all...

But I didn't come here to tell you all about a fictional Portland fueled by magic, I wanted to share this incredible cookbook that I found there a few weeks back...

Pacific Feast: A cook's guide to West Coast foraging and cuisine
(by Jennifer Hahn, pix by Mac Smith)



Wow, this is a terrific cookbook.
Filled with mouth-watering pictures, this 209-page book isn't just a laundry list of recipes provided by some of the biggest names in Pacific Northwest cuisine. It's a guide to local foraging, with information on fruits, veggies, seaweed, mushrooms, and seafood/shellfish. There's even a recipe for dandelion wine!

The Raven and I have yet to explore its culinary depths, but I think that we're going to get a lot of mileage out of it. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment